ActiGraph is an international leader in the development of validated medical-grade wearable solutions used to measure physical activity, sleep, and behavior patterns in the broader global academic and pharma research communities.
ActiGraph is looking for a Scrum Master to join our growing engineering team and will be responsible for facilitating agile ceremonies for one or more development teams. The Scrum Master will work closely with Product Ownership to ensure team success through the delivery of well-defined and clearly articulated backlog items. In this role, the Scrum Master should be the team’s agile advocate and work to constantly provide support that meets the needs of both Development and Product Ownership thus allowing the team to function at optimal velocity.
We are looking for an individual who possesses the ability to think outside the box, who has outstanding character while working within a team environment, possesses excellent communication skills, is a self-starter, has compassion for co-workers and clients alike, has the ability to maintain a professional attitude and appearance under any circumstance, and able to teach/coach/mentor new team members. We hope you’ll consider joining us in our mission to help bring digital data to life!
The essential duties and responsibilities for this role include:
- Lead the scrum team in using Agile methodology and scrum practices
- Helping the product owner and development team achieve customer satisfaction
- Lead the scrum teams in self-organization
- Identify and remove impediments
- Help the scrum teams identify and fill in blanks in the Agile framework
- Resolve conflicts and issues impacting the scrum team
- Move the scrum team forward in scrum maturity
- Build a strong and collaborative relationship with the product owner to ensure the scrum teams are set up for success
- Requires cross-departmental communication with all levels of management
- Helps to define and document processes
- Ensures scrum teams conform to process, documentation and compliance requirements
All responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the ActiGraph core values, standards, policies, and procedures.
As an equal opportunity employer, all employment at ActiGraph is governed without regard to, nor influenced by, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Scrum Master Certification required BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems or a relevant field with 3-5 years of professional related experience OR 5-8 of related professional experience in lieu of a degree
- Scrum Master Certification required
- 3+ years experience in a Scrum Master position
- Experience Coaching a Scrum Team in a Technology Environment.
- Ability to lead issue analysis that identifies root cause.
- Experience using conflict resolution techniques to successfully resolve internal and external team issues.
- Ability to quickly discern the appropriate response or non-response to a situation.
- Ability to influence ideas and promote needs.
- Ability to promote a continuous improvement culture
- Use scrum knowledge to identify and implement the best scrum techniques.
- Ability to determine what is scrum and what is not and help define the best implementation for our teams.
- Experience using Agile techniques to develop a high performing team.
- Ability to work with and lead a scrum team through Agile ceremonies that provide top value for effective and quality outcomes.
- Strong communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Interpersonal skills that build trust within the scrum team and provide a safe working environment.
- Mentoring skills that promote team growth and individual development.
- Ability to adapt and lead in a changing environment
- Self-motivation to push continuous improvement for self, team, and organization.
- Ability to keep the team focused during times of distraction
- Preferred experience with ADO or an administration of a similar project management tool such as Jira
- Experience contributing to SDLC design for maximizing efficiency, quality, and
At ActiGraph, we do our best to offer benefits and a work environment that is positive, fun, and tailored towards the needs and feedback of our team members. We do so by offering:
- A casual “dress-code” environment
- Pet friendly offices
- A family-oriented and collaborative workplace
- Paid time off (including paid time off for your birthday)
- And a very generous suite of benefits including: medical, dental, vision, basic/life accidental, short/long term disability, identity theft, 401K (plus a match), supplemental insurance options, AND tuition reimbursement
- US-based remote working options available